Records Fees and Costs
The fees have been established under the law to pay for research, redaction and copying. These fees exclude those set in CRS 24-72-306.
The following fees have been established to offset the actual costs for releasing records, and photographs, duplicating evidence, and researching requests by all personnel involved. Fees shall be posted at the public assistance counter located at the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office. All research fees and/or redaction fees will be estimated and collected before the research or redaction starts. If the citizen refuses to pay in advance, the records/videos/audio documents/discs will not be provided.
Who does not have to pay?
- Victim of a cime who wants a copy of their own report.
- Military recruiters checking backgrounds on recruits.
- Law enforcement and criminal justice agencies.
- Victim of an accident (individuals who were not charged for causing the accident).
- Victims or family members for accidents where serious bodily injury or a fatality occured.