Sheriff Weekly is pleased to join National Drug Take Back Day. You can drop off your unused, unwanted, and expired medication this Saturday, October 28th from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. at the Highlands Ranch Substation located at 9250 Zotos Drive.
Medicine take back options are the best way to safely dispose of unused or expired prescription and nonprescription (for example, over the counter) medicines.
Before disposing of prescription medicines, be sure to remove all personal information on pill bottle labels and medicine packaging. All of your medicines dropped off at the take back locations will be destroyed.
- Accepted items:
- Any prescriptions of pills only. Empty items into plastic bags for easy, anonymous disposal
- E-cigarettes as long as they do not have a battery
- Liquid products, such as cough syrup, if it is in the original container with a tightly sealed cap
- Over the counter medications.
- Items that cannot be accepted: Thermometers, needles (sharps), medication/medical waste from businesses or clinics, liquids and ointments not in their original containers